Saturday 25 October 2014

Grateful

Whoops. I didn't mean to be away that long, from reading about your lives and telling you about mine. 

As most new parents, I've spent most of the past two weeks awake, and baby spent those two weeks sleeping, yet free time has been very elusive.  

Sorry to have left you all hanging. 

Friends, he is so amazing. He is a healthy, happy little boy. The adoption experience has been so tremendously positive. The birth family are genuinely some of the most amazing people I have ever met.  We are so, so lucky. 

A friend asked me what's been the most surprising thing about being a new mom. I told her it would be something adoption related. After thinking about the question more, I've realized it was something else. 

I never in my wildest dreams imagined that the pain of 7 years of infertility and loss would melt away in the way it has.  Don't get me wrong- it is still there. I have not forgotten the pain of my journey, nor the pain of yours.  I never will.  It's just that my love for Carla, birth dad, their families and this precious, amazing baby boy is so shockingly abundant, so powerful, and so surprisingly healing. I could have never imagined anything this wonderful for us.   Life feels pinch-me good, for the first time in a long time.  I'm savouring every moment. 

I will write a full account of his birthday and the time we spent with his birth family. I want to remember and cherish every detail, so I promise not to wait too long to do so before the memories fade anymore. 

With love, 
J










16 comments:

  1. I love that sly smile! So happy for you and can't wait to hear more details. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so gorgeous and perfect -- congratulations mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, nothing warms my heart more than appreciating how happy you are in this post. Stand tall and proud, my friend. This moment was a long time coming and I'm glad it seems it was worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This warms my heart! There are really no words. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Julia, he is absolutely adorable! It's so good to hear from you and to hear you so happy! Can't wait to read more! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie! So very happy for you and the joy this little man is bringing to your life. Can't wait to hear more details when you have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely could not be happier that things are going so well for you! Your little boy is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! It is really lovely to hear that these first weeks have gone so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yaaaayyyyeeee! Just yay. Drink it in. Heal away, love away. I think you have one gorgeous baby there. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's completely AMAZING isn't it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So wonderful to hear how great things are going. He is such a little cutie. It makes me so happy to hear the love and happiness coming through your words. Congrats!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad things went so well for you. He looks so happy and content. You guys are amazing parents.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy to hear that so much of the pain is melting away. He really is getting so big already!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at all that blonde hair! He is adorable! The happiness coming out of this post is so great. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say