Saturday 1 February 2014

Who woulda thunk it?

At 5:30am I woke up to cramps.   And, drumroll please... MY PERIOD!!! CD 1 on Feb 1.

I am breathing a big sigh of relief.

I've never been so happy to have cramps and a heavy period in all of my life. 

Go figure after yesterday's back and forth with the nurse and doctor.   And the ultrasound revealing a triple-line lining yesterday.  Hmm.  

And about my rant about what would happen if I didn't call CCRM.  For this time would have made life a bit easier if I had just left things.  But, you know what though? I don't regret because it caused the doctor to pay more attention to my file. 

First thing on today's list was a call to the on-call nurses to see what I should do about my lupron dose.    Yesterday my nurse said even if my period showed up to stop taking it.  I'm not so sure if that's a good idea.  I could continue on the old calendar without missing a beat.

I asked for something to be sent to me (a mini calendar of sorts) yesterday, but never got one.  So there is probably not much for the on-call nurse to go on to direct me.  

Oh, and I'm also wondering if this changes the need for the $1000 Lovenox order I just placed yesterday night.  Doubt that one, but I'm going to ask. 

So much fertility stuff happening lately! 




4 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad your body is cooperating. I hope CCRM figures out a more reliable protocol for the next round, these last weeks must have been nerve-wracking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad AF finally decided to show up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! Fantastic news!! Glad your body finally got the message. :) Isn't that what always happens, you start pressing the doctor and nurses, they start to switch things up and then viola!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is good news. I don't think you're being too harsh on CCRM; I know that it's not always the case, but I think for the amount of money we pay these REs we deserve a little personal care and reassurance when things don't seem to be going right.

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say